- Object Number: LDOSJ_2253
- Date: 1286
- Subject date: 1286
- Production: 1850 - 1915
- Description: Cast of a circular seal impression. A griffin passant to the left, whole surrounded by legend. Around the side of the cast reads: Collection des Archives Nationales.
- Additional Information: This is a cast of an original seal in Archives Nationales, Paris (no. 3) attached to a deed of 1286.
- Place: Museum of the Order of St John
- Inscription obverse: + PRECOPT ORIS HOSPITALIS ACCONENSIS
- Form or Iconography: Plaster
- Form or Iconography: Cast
- Diameter: 40 mm
Author or Editor Type Title Page/Figure/Catalogue No. King, E.J. 1932 Literature Seals of the Order of St John of Jerusalem 42 Fincham, H. W. 1915 Literature Catalogue of the Museum at St.Johns Gate
- Related People:
- For more information contact: Museum of the Order of St John
Museum of the Order of St John and the University of Birmingham 2016