- Object Number: LDOSJ_2252
- Date: 1293
- Subject date: 1293
- Production: 1850 - 1915
- Description: Cast of a circular seal, with a central eagle displayed in a quaterfoil, whole surrounded by legend. Around the side reads: Collection des Achives Nationales.
- Additional Information: This is a cast of an original seal impression in Archives Nationales, Paris (seal impression no. 9,925). The original is attached to a charter dated 1293 (MSS J295, no.38).
- Place: Museum of the Order of St John
- Inscription obverse: S FRIS ERMEGAUDI D'AOLLIO ORD'S JOHIS
- Form or Iconography: Plaster
- Form or Iconography: Cast
- Diameter: 34 mm
Author or Editor Type Title Page/Figure/Catalogue No. King, E.J. 1932 Literature Seals of the Order of St John of Jerusalem 61-2 Fincham, H. W. 1915 Literature Catalogue of the Museum at St.Johns Gate Douët d'Arcq, L. 1863 - 1868 Literature Collection de sceaux 250
- Related People:
- For more information contact: Museum of the Order of St John
Museum of the Order of St John and the University of Birmingham 2016