- Object Number: LDOSJ_2244
- Date: 1233
- Subject date: 1233
- Description: Cast of a circular seal with a central fleur-de-lis surrounded by legend. Around the edge of the seal reads: Collection des Archives Nationales.
- Additional Information: This is a cast of an original seal impression in Archives Nationales, Paris (seal impression no.9,931). Original is attached to an agreement with the abbey of St. Victor, August 1233 (MSS S 2160, no.3).
- Place: Museum of the Order of St John
- Inscription obverse: + S FRIS GIRARDI
- Form or Iconography: Cast
- Form or Iconography: Plaster
- Diameter: 24 mm
Author or Editor Type Title Page/Figure/Catalogue No. King, E.J. 1932 Literature Seals of the Order of St John of Jerusalem 56 Fincham, H. W. 1915 Literature Catalogue of the Museum at St.Johns Gate Douët d'Arcq, L. 1863 - 1868 Literature Collection de sceaux 251
- Related People:
- For more information contact: Museum of the Order of St John
Museum of the Order of St John and the University of Birmingham 2016