- Object Number: LDOSJ_2202
- Date: 1267
- Subject date: 1267
- Production: 1850 - 1915
- Description: Cast of a circular seal. In the centre a half length figure of a man, facing, wearing a robe decorated with a cross. Surrounded by the legend. Around the edge of the cast reads: Collection Des Archives Nationales. On the back is written: 73 St John Museum.
- Additional Information: This is a plaster cast taken from an original seal impression in the Archives Nationales, Paris (Seal impression no.9,882). The original is attached to a letter in which St Louis is asked for payment to the Merchants of Plaisance. Acre, 29th October 1265 (MSS J 473, no.85).
- Place: Museum of the Order of St John
- Inscription obverse: + FRATER : HUGO : CUSTOS
- Form or Iconography: Cast
- Diameter: 32 mm
Author or Editor Type Title Page/Figure/Catalogue No. King, E.J. 1932 Literature Seals of the Order of St John of Jerusalem 32-33 Fincham, H. W. 1915 Literature Catalogue of the Museum at St.Johns Gate Douët d'Arcq, L. 1863 - 1868 Literature Collection de sceaux 244
- Related People:
- For more information contact: Museum of the Order of St John
Museum of the Order of St John and the University of Birmingham 2016